First, a Jax update. The little guy is doing really well now. We had a little scare last week, but I think we're ok now. I had to take him in for a check up with his pediatrician 3 days after he was born, and he'd lost a pound. The doctor said he wasn't too worried yet and that it was probably becuase my milk had just barely come in. Then we took him in last week for his two week check up and he had lost a few ounces more plus he was still looking a little yellow. The doctor sent us to get some lab work done(which completly freaked me out). He said we needed to make sure his liver, kidneys, and blood count were ok. So I took Jax to the hospital to get a bunch of blood work done(the whole time I'm a wreck. Everytime someone starts talking to me I start bawling. It's so scary with babies) and the doctor also tells me to stop nursing and start him on a high cal diet of formula so we can get some weight on him. Well it made for a very traumatic afternoon, and some big changes for me and baby. Luckily we got the lab tests back and he's fine. The doctor said he's a huge advocate of nursing, but some cases it just doesn't work. He just wasn't going to get the calories he needed from me. I have to say I was a little disapointed. I wasn't able to nurse the girls for other reasons and I thought it was actually working this time but I guess it's just not for us. I'm just so thankful that he's healthy and well. I took him in for a weight check up a few days later and he'd gained 4 ounces. He has another weight check next week, and if he's gained weight, everything should be fine. He's been such a good baby. Anyone who knew Leah and Kelsey as babies can agree with me when I say it's about time I had an easy, mellow one. We love him so much.

Leah and Kelsey have taken on the role of big sister's perfectly. They are so good with him. I was a little worried how Kelsey would take it, but they love him so much. The other day I let Leah feed him while I tried to get a few things done. She did such a good job, but Kelsey insisted that she got to feed him the next time. Surprisingly, she did really well too. By the time he was finally done eating, she was beyond ready to be off playing though. I love having my little helpers around. It's nice to have them run and get a diaper or this and that.

We decided to go to the high school track on Saturday so that Aaron and I could exercise together, but at our own pace since I'm so out of shape now. We took the bikes for the girls and they rode them for awhile, but Leah actually ended up running around the track with Aaron a few times. That girl has definite track star abilities. After all the running, Leah decided to take nice relaxing walk with her sis. Then they decided they wanted to stretch with Aaron, but they have their own unique way. Leah's dance class stretches while they pretend they're making cookies or pizza. So in this pic, they're crushing up the peanut butter cups that they're going to put in their cookies(Aaron's choice).
Finally, I was at my sister Ashley's house and had to take a picture of Jax with his cousin Parks. They're about six months apart, but I'm so glad he has a little cousin close by he'll be able to play with. These pictures make me laugh because when Kelsey was 4 months old, Ashley had a little girl. We took pictures of them together but Kelsey was the big one with milky white skin, and Zoe was the little skinny tan one. Now it's flip flopped. Anyway, we had fun. When we laid them down, Parks kept trying to lick Jax's head. It was pretty funny. They seemed pretty curious about each other. They're both such happy mellow little boys. I hope they stay that way, they'll be such good friends. Well, that's about it for now. Sorry it was so long.






5 comments:
I am glad he is doing better, how scary! The pictures of the girls feeding him are so sweet, what good big sisters. I am hoping Ayda will do that well!! Keep the pictures coming.
I'm glad Jax is doing better. I hate the word "blood work" It freaks me out too. He is so cute. I love the picture of him laid back relaxing. And the girls are so cute streching with Aaron. We'll have to get together soon, now that we've got our babies here and before life gets crazy this summer.
Look at you! You're a pro with 3 kids already. And so sorry to hear you won't be able to nurse. I know how excited you were about that. Oh well now Aaron can help and the girls too. That makes it nice. We should go for a walk sometime this week. It's supposed to be so nice! I'll call you!
Sorry to hear that you will not be able to nurse. My babies both lost alittle weight in about their first week. The doctor told me that it was normal. Hummm... I guess maybe it just depends. I am sure he will be gaining the weight back now for sure. Glad to know the blood work came back good. It is cute seeing your girls feeding him. You have such a darling family.
Yea for Jax. I am sooo glad to hear he is doing better. And sorry to hear that the other didn't work out.
I love the pics of him and Parks. I can't beleive how big Parks is getting. He used to be such a mini.
Did Aaron have fun making his cookies?
Post a Comment