Lots been going on here at the Brown house. We've been keeping busy. Some of this stuff is from a few weeks ago, but I'm just getting time to catch up. Leah had her last day of school yesterday. I can't believe she has a year behind her already. It went fast. I'm not sure how I feel about summer vacation yet. Leah's school schedule was all day Mon, Wed, and every other Friday. It was a weird adjustment at first, but I ended up really liking it. It gave the girls a break from each other every other day, and so when they did play the other days, there didn't seem to be as much fighting. So now that they'll be around each other again 24/7, I'm a little worried that I'll be pulling my hair out by the end of the summer. We'll see. Anyway, the kindergarten had their program the other week and we got to go listen to them sing some songs they'd been learning and then they graduated.(that always makes me laugh). Here's Leah with her cap and certificate.
We have been very busy with dance the last month. It's been a lot of time not to mention money. I'm ready to be done for the summer. I've been taking the girls to rexburg for dance class every week and they're not in the same class so I end up spending about 3 1/2 hours waiting. And anyone who knows rexburg knows there's not a whole lot to do there. That was hard. We also have decided that competitions are just too much for us at this point. So between time and money, we've decided to put them in a different dance group here in Rigby that offers just weekly classes with a few performances here and there. They are actually a pretty good group too. I really want my kids to get a good variety of activities. And when they get older, they can choose what they'd like to excel in. The girls were a little disapointed, because they really liked their teacher and classes, and they were in the same dance company as all of my nieces so we won't get to see them dance as much, but I think this will be best for us. Anyway, they had their big end of year dance recital last night. It was so fun to see them dance. They do such a good job. Between the two of them they were in 6 dances, so I was running trying to get them changed in time for each dance. Thank goodness for video cameras so I can actually watch and enjoy. There was a backdrop that one of the mom's brought so I got a couple of cute pictures. They all wore a fancy dress for their opening number.
I told them to pose in front of the trophies, and this is the outcome.
Leah, Kelsey and their cousins. They all did so good.
Kesley wasn't on the team, so the recital was her only performance. So I had to make sure to get a pic in all her costumes. Here's her pose.
This was taken at Lagoon a couple weeks ago. Leah and her class.
Jax and Oakleigh at the recital. I took like ten pics of them and this is the best I got. Neither wanted to cooperate too well.
And finally, for all who held on and read this novel and picture book. Jax had a little accident a few days ago. I had a Relief Society meeting and when I came home, Aaron and the girls were sitting at the table playing a game and Jax was sitting in his high chair eating a huge peice of chocolate cake. I thought it was pretty cute until I got a good look at his face. No one really knows what happens for sure, because he was the only one in the room, but he was playing around my scrapbooking table and fell and this was the outcome. Aaron said it didn't really even bleed, but it sure looks like it hurt.This is acutally a couple days later when the bruising got worse, but my camera sucks and so the picture doesn't really do it justice. I think it's the combination of the sore and the droopy brown eyes, but this picture tugs at my heart.
And finally, finally, (I promise) just a couple random pitures. Kelsey brought up the rocking horse the other day and these two had a hay day. They took turns on it, rode it together and had a lot of fun. You squeeze the ears and it makes different horse noises. Jax just laughed and thought it was great.
And this is just another picture of Jax walking around. I love this outfit and it was actually warm enough for him to wear it one day last week. I love watching him walk around. He hardly ever crawls anymore. He just waddles around with his legs a mile apart. I love my kids(if you can't tell).




3 comments:
Ah what cute kids you have! I'm glad you found a place to take your girls for dance. I think I'm going to have to pass this year with Taylor. I can't believe Leah is going to be a 1st grader! What preschool are you going with for Kelsey? When you come down this way if you have time you should call me and we could me up or something!
Wow!! Busy busy buys!! :) I think I know the feeling!!! Ha Ha!!
I didn't get to see Kelseys dances, I was so bummed!! Hers were the ones I wanted to see the most. So I will have to watch your video of them!! I LOVE her costumes though!! VERY CUTE!!
It has been such a fun year. We are REALLY going to miss dancing with the girls!! Good thing you live close and we can still come watch them!! :)
Oakleigh talks about Ali and Jax non stop. Ever since the other night all she wants to do is go to Ali's house.
What cute kids you have. And actually, i think Leah is slowly leaving the cute stage, and heading to the beautiful stage. You probably better watch out for those secnd graders next year ;) And jax is such a cutie, that pic of his eye is very sad, but he is still a handsome little guy!
Post a Comment