Monday, August 2, 2010

soccer and camping

So, soccer began and is now almost over. I can't believe how fast this summer has gone. Leah did soccer last year and we decided to try it again this year with both girls. They are not on the same team, so we have practice for one Monday, practice for the other Tuesday. Game for one on Wed and a game for the other on Thursdays. Between soccer, Aaron teaching piano lessons Thursday nights, my relief society stuff Tuesday nights and Aaron's elder's quorum visits whenever he can throw them in, we've been running, running, running. Luckily, soccer will be over in two weeks. Yea! It has been fun though.
This will probably be the last year for Leah. She doesn't really like it and sad to say it is obviously not her thing. She's tried every position and don't tell her I said this, because I'd feel bad, but it's almost painful to watch.  Leah was born to dance which she will continue to do. However, Aaron is determined she learn to play all kinds of sports, so I guess next year we'll try something else. Maybe tennis?

On the other hand, we think Kelsey found her niche. She's a natural! I don't know if it's just soccer, or all sports, but she pretty much rocks. The other week she scored 3 goals in one game. She knows how to get in there and she's not afraid to take it from the other team. Usually she's the only girl there on her team and the other mom's laugh about how Kelsey can hold her own with this team of boys. It's so fun to watch her excell in something.

Yes, these two have there differences and are starting to like different things, but they love each other. They are such good friends and they have alot of fun together. I love my girls, they make me laugh.

We have also gone camping a couple times this year so far. It has been a lot of fun. The kids all reallly enjoy it. We went once just our little family by ourselves and another time with some of our neighbors. Both times we had a lot of fun.

Jax loved being in the dirt. He was such a mess the whole time. The girls weren't exactly neat and clean either. All part of camping right?

Aaron always puts up a hammock or two. We love to relax in them(or sleep in them).
At the lake with friends. This is up at island park. Aaron and Eric swam out to that floating dock out there and practiced back flips off it for awhile. Kelsey decided she'd to get to dad, so she got on a little floaty(thankfully with her life jacket on) and headed out(without my knowledge). As you can see the waves are not exactly headed the right direction. The next thing I know all the kids are yelling at Kelsey I look out at the water, and there she is, just floating away. So I jumped in the water(with my watch on) and swam out to bring her in. She started crying, but it wasn't because she was scared, it's because I wouldn't let her float out to dad. She had no clue that she was going the wrong direction or anything. I'm such a bad mother!

2 comments:

bryan and megan said...

WOW!!! Your life sounds as CRAZY as mine right now!! Ha!! But it looks like you guys have had lots of fun!!

Mary said...

What a fun filled summer! I think we are going to put V. in soccer next year! Steve's whole family is into soccer, so he really wants her to play. We'll see how she does!