Thursday, April 1, 2010

Jax is 1!!!

Our little Jax man had his first birthday on Tuesday. Now he's my big one year old. We wanted to make a fun cake, and Aaron wanted a truck so I made him do it. But he only had about ten min before work to put it together, so this is the outcome. I had to take pictures from the side, becasue it's a little lopsided:) But he did a good job for whipping it together so fast. I took a few pics of Jax with the cake and presents and he just kept clapping his little hands together. He's such a happy little guy (when he's not tired).

 Jax eating his truck. You could tell he wasn't sure if he was allowed to dig in or not, but he got use to the idea fast, with a little help of course.
And then the cleanup. He loves water.
I was so unsure about what to get him. It's so hard to know what they will be interested in playing with. We got him these cars. So far my girls are more interested in playing with them than Jax is. Probably becasue they are always playing with them and he hasn't had a chance to. Poor kid.
We had Jax's 1 year checkup yesterday. He now weigh's 17 lb 15oz and is 29.5" tall. I was a little surprised because he's only a pound up from his 9 month checkup. But he's healthy and doing well. He has been such a bright spot in our life. We love him so much and are having fun watching him grow and learn new things.

3 comments:

Natalie and Aaron said...

Happy 1st Bday Jax! Wow, that year flew by. We would love to hang out with you guys. You still have yet to meet our little guy :) He is growing up way too fast!

Haslams said...

Happy Birthday Jax Man! Sorry that Uncle Brandon made you cry last weekend-- It was great to see you guys, and I think the car cake was way cute! Good job, Aaron!

Mel said...

Happy B-Day Jax! This ear has gone by so fast! We have those cars for HP and have the same problem. Someday I figure Hp will learn to fight for his own toys!