Tuesday, April 13, 2010

First haircut and hiking

Jax had his first haircut the other day. I know, I know, he doesn 't really have a lot of hair, but a few of the ones he had were starting to get kind of long. So we got out the clippers to try and even it all up. And we did get a little ball of soft fuzz in the end.  He did not like it one bit. I think he was afraid of the sound it made.
On Sunday our neighbors invited us to go on a hike with them .The kids had so much fun. It was really muddy and wet and there were a few streams to cross, Kelsey fell and got all wet and muddy and she poked herself in the stomach with her walking stick a few times(I didn't realize until we got home and she showed me these big sores on her stomach), but it felt so good to get out. There was this little cave that the kids climbed into.
And the kids all had to have walking sticks. Kelsey couldn't find one that she was satisfied with. She just wanted everyone else's.

I'm also throwing in a couple of Easter pictures. I know it's late, but I forgot.
I love my cute little kids. They bring so much happiness into our home.

2 comments:

Mel said...

next ime you cut his hair give him a Dumb Dumb, it's a trick of the trade. Then when you are done, trade him for a new one that isn't covered with hair. It makes a big difference for them to have something else to focus on. And what a fun hike. Where was that at? WE've been trying to think of things to do this usmmer with the kids and that looks like fun.

Haslams said...

That buzzing sound can be very scary-- especially if it is close to your ear!