Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mission complete

IT'S FINISHED!!!!!!! (imagine me shouting for joy)
After we moved into our house, I decided I wanted the girls bedroom to have some kind of fairytale scene on it. So a couple months ago, Aaron and I decided to take on this project. We wanted to do it together, so we decided to work on it at nights after Aaron got home from work and the girls were asleep. We'd put the girls to bed in our other rooms and work late. We thought we'd finish it in a week tops. Boy were we wrong. We might have been able to, but life doesn't always go the way you plan. Life got busy and before we new it, several weeks had passed and we still hadn't gotten around to finishing it. We ended up doing a night here and a night there, but the important thing is that we did finish it. We're so glad to have it over with, and it won't be anytime soon that we do it again.
It was fun to listen to the girls eveytime they saw that something new was painted. They were especially excited about the birds, butterflys, and flowers (girls!). I know they are glad to have it finished. I was able to make that their play area and with their bunk beds, it cleared up a lot of space.


It felt good to be able to accomplish something new that I'd never done before. Aaron had painted his room growing up, even though this was a lot different. His was an airplane. But this was a first for me. It's fun to be able to share a talent with Aaron. It's so much more fun to do things together.

8 comments:

Melissa and Doug said...

Wow!! That room turned out so cute. That is amazing that you painted that yourselves. I'm very impressed the room turned out great. I bet the girls will love to play in there.

bryan and megan said...

Holy Cow!!!! Talk about total pros!! That looks awsome! Are the girls just loving it? I want to come see you but every time I try calling nobody answers and I still get that message that your phone isn't working so I don't leave a message cuz I don't think you will get it.

Anyway, if you read this and I havn't talked to you give me a call.

Nika, Travis, Ayda and Zander said...

That looks so good!! Ayda would like you to come to her room and paint a "mincess" house on her wall :) Good work!

Michelle said...

Wow Aly, that looks great. You guys are very talented. That looks like a lot of work.

Kirsten (Geeky Owl) said...

This is so stinkin' cute! I'm very impressed! Congratulations on getting it done!

Smolkaville said...

Wow, I'm impressed! It looks sooo good. I did stripes in Carson's room and I thought that was bad. You two are amazing. It's fun that you did it together

Cami said...

I just saw your comment on my blog. Things have been kind of crazy around here this week. We're moving back to north Orem tomorrow, so I've been packing all week.

How are you? Your girls are adorable, and are getting SO big! It's crazy how fast time flies. You look great, as always.

And that castle mural is AMAZING!!!
It looks totally professional! I'm so impressed.

Hopefully now that we've found each others blogs we can stay in touch better. Maybe the next time you come down we can go out to lunch or something.

Haslams said...

I'm impressed with just the pictures!!! Very nice!